[vox-jobs] Sr. Product Mgr., Oracle, Redwood Shores, CA
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 00:25:48 -0800
Home of PenLUG :^)
--- Begin cut-n-paste: ---
Linux Product Manager
Due to increased interest in the Open Source/Linux arena, Oracle is
looking for an experienced Sr. Product Manager based in Redwood
* Will deliver marketing plans for Oracle and Linux/Open Source,
including SWOT assessment, customer segmentation, packaging, pricing,
* Design provocative, engaging messages to analysts, press,
customers, etc. to create awareness and preference for Oracle on Linux
* Create proof points that support Oracle and Linux messages.
* Coordinate the publishing and communication of Linux/Open Source
messages internally and externally, e.g. web site, sales kits, AR/PR,
* Act as a Linux/Open Source evangelist to promote Linux to
* Will serve as the primary spokesperson regarding Oracle.s Linux products.
* Subject matter expert in Linux/Open Source
* 7-9 years experience in product/technical marketing, experience with
the development community a plus
* Previous experienced with hi-tech firms required.
* BA/BS or equivalent experience required
* Proven leadership and management experience.
* Strong communication skills: verbal, written, and interpersonal.
* Strong analytical skills with ability to communicate complex ideas
clearly. Self-starter with high energy level: ability to initiate and
drive independently and reliably within complex organization.
If interested, please contact:
Oracle is an EOE.
--- End cut-n-paste ---
Thanks to Kara Pritchard for passing this on.
email@example.com "Hey Shatner, ya remember that episode of
http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill/ Space Trek where your show got cancelled?"