[vox] Desktop Recommendations

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Wed Jan 26 19:59:28 PST 2022

Feels a bit quaint to think about buying a vendor desktop these days. Generally laptops have proliferated (I use an Asus Chromebook), and cloud computing carries the generic heavy computing load. I would only think about a desktop if I was specifically looking for certain hardware, and vendor lock-in would defeat the purpose. My adult kids both built their own (one, not being a "techie", collaborated with siblings, but participated in the build).

Sorry, I suppose that wasn't especially helpful. Best of luck!