[vox] Best Linux PDF Editor

Bob Scofield scofield at omsoft.com
Fri May 5 18:20:58 PDT 2017

I'm no expert on PDF editing but I bought the expensive version of PDF
Studio as part of my plan to get Windows off my business computer when
Windows 7 expires in 2019.

I don't think Foxit has an editor, just a reader for Linux. Foxit for
Windows is great and very powerful.  Foxit for Windows is better than
PDF Studio, but PDF Studio is slowly getting better.

Up until at least the recent update of PDF Studio, Foxit was much better
when I had to do cutting and pasting.

Up until the recent update of PDF Studio, the Linux version, when
printing a file to PDF, would not include the .pdf extension with the
result that PDF Studio could not bring up the pdf after the file was
printed.  That has been fixed.

One area where the Linux version of PDF Studio is better than the
Windows version is printing to a printer.  The Linux version frequently
prints garbage on a long file, say 40, 80, 120 pages or so.  The last
long pdf I had to print I printed by rebooting into Linux and using PDF
studio to print the document on my Windows partition.  I could have
printed it with Foxit, but wanted to test the Linux version of PDF
studio.  It worked well.

One thing I've noticed though is that the default pdf reader on Linux
Mint, Document Viewer, brings up a pdf document faster than PDF Studio.

Whatever drawbacks PDF Studio studio has I'm sticking with it as the
price of becoming completely Windows free in 2019.

Bob