[vox] The future of LUGOD

Timothy D Thatcher daniel.thatcher at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 19:25:57 PST 2016

Well, heck. I've only been coming out to play with LUGOD for a couple of
years, but I've had a real blast this entire time, I've met a lot of
interesting, smart people and made new friends, learned a ton, and felt
like a part of a local community from the first day I showed up on IRC to
my tenure as treasurer this year. Bill, whether you choose to bow out this
year or next, I'm eternally grateful to you for all of your hard work, good
attitude, and the service you've provided. Saying "thank you for doing a
really cool thing" doesn't seem like nearly as much as you deserve in
return.

I'm not of a mind to give up on LUGOD, but I do think Brian is right about
one thing: if Glorious Leader Bill is taking off, he deserves a real
going-away party.

Whether or not we get a speaker next week, I hope maybe some folks are
willing to come by and talk about it to share their thoughts on LUGOD's
future...

Tim