[vox] The future of LUGOD

Marianne Waage yamara at plush.org
Tue Nov 15 10:16:28 PST 2016

Honestly, if people want to help out, you don't have to be in the area if someone else can also help.

Bill, being the crazy awesome person he is, actually organized a lot of the speakers when he didn't even live in the area. Someone not local but interested in helping could still do that, while another local could help by opening the room and such.

The problem has often been difficulty in finding enough people able to dedicate the regular time investment. (Thank you, all officers, for that.) That's why Bill has carried the torch so long.

Our math weekly tea thing splits the duties between 2 or 3 people. Maybe that could be done here. But people would need to be proactive. Jump in and say, "I can!"

But not me, I still get ass sleep and less free time. :D Just thought a run down might help.

Also, someone other than Bill should maybe plan Bill's party? :D

Sort of but not really helpfully,
-Marianne