[vox] How to fix Google Chrome browser apt sources.list entry

Bob Scofield scofield at omsoft.com
Thu Mar 17 22:31:46 PDT 2016

I don't trust Google for reasons I won't go into.  I'd rather use
Firefox, which I mostly do, and Chromium.  But I've had to go from
Chromium to Chrome.

Both for my business, and for a Spanish class I took last year, I had to
use Chrome because I was get functionality that I cannot get with either
Firefox or Chromium.  I've taken Chromium off my computer.  In fact my
ability to use Chrome for my business is a major development supporting
my decision to take Windows off my desktop when Windows 7 expires at the
end of 2019.  I've already taken it off my laptop.

My Firefox on Windows is buggy.

I've done the fix Bill mentions.  But according to what I've read on the
Internet this will have to be done again the next time there's a Chrome
update, unless Google fixes the problem.

Bob