[vox] Further LUGOD sponsorship of Atari Party 2010?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sat Jan 30 14:52:38 PST 2010

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 02:08:10PM -0800, Michael Cheselka wrote:
> I think it's not much of a problem for one organization to sponsor the
> creation of another and there is some tie in between Linux and Atari
> as there are numerous emulators running on top of Linux.  I'd ask the
> city about one group sponsoring another.  Have you tried negotiating
> with the city over the price?  If you have ten people, that's $60 a
> piece, so it's just a matter of everyone getting together and forming
> an Atari Party Annual Convention not for profit.

Well, $60/volunteer if we were a non-profit or a school group,
otherwise it's closer to $120/volunteer.  I'm betting some of these
folks won't be very willing to fork over that much.  OTOH, some might
be willing to pick up the slack.

I forget if I mentioned, but I've also asked the CS Club @ UC Davis
to see if they'd help.

Anyway, at this point it's moot and off-topic, so I'll drop the
thread.  Email me off-list if you're interested in the topic. :)

Sent from my computer