Ubuntu 7.04 Released! [[vox] CD burns needed for WEF and GTC events]

Micah Cowan micah at cowan.name
Thu Apr 19 10:36:01 PDT 2007

FYI, Ubuntu 7.04 ("Feisty Fawn") was released at ~7:30 am (Pacific time)
this morning! :)

...though I'd recommend either finding a damn good mirror, or waiting
awhile for the download, until the hubbub dies down a bit. I'm upgrading
my work box atm (home's been running Feisty for about a month), and
downloads are at ~20kbs :-/

-Micah

Esteban Neck Perez Retamozo wrote:
> What distros do you need?
> I have many distros, most of them are DVD-Lives and DVD Linux distros.
>
> ESTEBAN

>  > Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 16:17:39 -0700
>  > From: nbs at sonic.net
>  > To: vox-announce at lists.lugod.org
>  > Subject: [vox-announce] CD burns needed for WEF and GTC events
>  >
>  >
>  > LUGOD is planning to attend the "Whole Earth Festival" at UC Davis
>  > (http://wef.ucdavis.edu/ - May 11-13), and is hoping to attend the
>  > "Government Technology Conference" in Sacramento
>  > (http://www.govtech.net/events/ - May 16-18).
>  >
>  > One of the things LUGOD does at these kinds of events is hand out free
>  > software CDs, such as Linux live CDs, Linux distro installers, and
>  > Open Source software collections for Windows.
>  >
>  > Volunteers are sought who can help produce these CD handouts.
>  > So, if you have a CD writer, blank discs and some free time, please help
>  > us out!
>  >
>  > For links and more info., visit our WEF and GTC planning pages:
>  >
>  > http://www.lugod.org/projects/wef/
>  > http://www.lugod.org/projects/gtc/
>  >
>  > You can discuss these events on our 'vox-outreach' mailing list:
>  >
>  > http://www.lugod.org/mailinglists/#vox-outreach
>  >
>  > Thanks in advance,