[vox] Kubuntu Package Selection

Don Armstrong don at donarmstrong.com
Sun Sep 17 13:10:54 PDT 2006

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006, Bob Scofield wrote:
> On rare occasions I have a need to use Adobe Acrobat Reader

Acrobat Reader can't be distributed by anyone else besides adobe
anymore, so there's not much that can be done about it not working; if
there's a problem, you have to complain to adobe and ask them to build
it statically or against different libraries.

> (which allows one to fill in forms unlike the open source readers)

pdftk is quite capable of allowing you to fill in forms. (see the
fill_from or create_fdf options)

Don Armstrong

--
"There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the
right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself."