[vox] [OT] Free iMac, with Debian. Who wants it!?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Dec 19 17:02:18 PST 2005

On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 02:44:17PM -0800, Don Werve wrote:
> Speaking of which, I am now a Mac convert, as of two months ago --
> replaced my home Linux workstation with a PB G4, and now have a nearly
> idle AthlonXP box running Debian Stable. *grin*

Heh, well, as a BSD-based[*] platform with lots of Open Source available
to for it, and lots of OSS inside, LUGOD certainly welcomes Mac OS X folks!

Now, I'm curious, I'm using to Linux User Groups where there are great
mailing lists to ask tech questions.  (Like, about hardware, compiling, etc.)

>From what I've seen of PC and Mac groups (at least in the Sac area), there
really is no such resource.  Where do the Mac coders hang out, so I can
ask them questions when I have trouble building or integrating Tux Paint? :^)

Thx!

-bill!

[*] or, you know, whatever it is precisely