[vox] [OT] Free iMac, with Debian. Who wants it!?

Don Werve donw at agentsix.net
Mon Dec 19 17:38:31 PST 2005

Bill Kendrick wrote:
> Now, I'm curious, I'm using to Linux User Groups where there are great
> mailing lists to ask tech questions.  (Like, about hardware, compiling, etc.)

Most of the time. ;p

> From what I've seen of PC and Mac groups (at least in the Sac area), there
> really is no such resource.  Where do the Mac coders hang out, so I can
> ask them questions when I have trouble building or integrating Tux Paint? :^)

I'm still looking for this; I really like what I see of Objective-C,
especially as it's a strict superset of C, making it much more C-like
than C++, but finding information on writing code WITHOUT using
XCode/Interface Builder is hard.

Some of us like to know how to write things from the ground up. :)
Especially because I want to start learning how to write cross-platform
GUI apps, and Objective-C is looking a lot more attractive than C++.