[vox] Heresy! AOL on Linux?

Dave Margolis margolid at ecs.csus.edu
Fri Jun 25 14:11:29 PDT 2004

Bill Kendrick wrote:

> Pretty much the same for my dad.  :^)
>
> I DID have to go in and have him fix permissions on a little
> rc.boot script I wrote (I dunno if I forgot to set the permissions, or if
> they 'broke' somehow).  Told him what commands to type into the root window
> via the phone.  It was a little scary, but I imagine it's just as bad when
> you have to tell people "okay, click Start; right-click 'My Computer',
> now do "Run..." and type "xyzmgr.exe forward slash N""... ;^) )

Wow.  That's a little scary.  I don't think I'd try that with my
mother-in-law.  The only thing I've had to fix so far is that somehow she
moved/maximized her kmail window in such a way that she couldn't grab the
handles or toolbar buttons to get it back to normal.  I'm pretty sure you
can do that in windows too!