[vox] [fwd] [roselug] July Meeting: Linux @ HP

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Jul 15 15:04:24 PDT 2004

----- Forwarded message from Paul Telford -----

The Roseville Linux Users Group will be holding a meeting:
	July 26, 2004 6:30-9p

The topic will be: Linux at H.P. / LinuxCOE presented by Craig Lamparter.

This will be the first meeting in our new home:
	Raley's Supermaket Events Center
	1915 Douglas Blvd, Roseville
	Petco/Target shopping center
	The meeting room is located in the back, right corner of the store.

About the topic:
  Craig is a Program Manager at Hewlett-Packard in Roseville.  He will
present info on the Linux Common Operating Environment ("LinuxCOE")
program which aims to faciliate rapid-deployment and full life-cycle
management of enterprise and desktop Linux systems both inside HP and for
customers.  Key features include hands-free zero-media installs of
multiple distributions on multiple hardware platforms, automated security
and patching mechanisms, remote configuration, etc.

More details including a map to the new location are on our website:
	http://roselug.org/

Regards,

 Paul.

----- End forwarded message -----