[vox] Syncing Palm Pilot

Ken Bloom vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:37:27 -0800

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

On 2004.02.20 00:36, Rob Rogers wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 18:18:23PM -0800, Ken Bloom wrote:
> > This is not a problem with device files (at least not yet). By =20
> looking
> > up the vendor and product ID in my 2.6.3 kernel source, I conclude
> > that you are using a Palm m130. The correct kernel module (at least =20
> in
> > my 2.6.3) for handling these devices is visor, which I can see is
> > already loaded.
>=20
> I was pretty sure it wasn't the device files...
>=20
> > What kernel version are you using? Perhaps you need something more
> > recent. Palm m130 support appears to have been added in kernel =20
> 2.4.19.
>=20
> That's most likely it. I'm running 2.4.18-bf2.4. Guess it's time to
> install a newer kernel, huh?

One more thing (in addition to my other post): You said you wanted to =20
learn about initrd by leaving the default kernel in place. That's =20
probably not the way to learn about an initrd - Debian's bf24 variant =20
of the kernel didn't use an initrd by default. Installing one of the =20
more recent stock kernel images will use an initrd (just remember to =20
update lilo.conf so that it will use initrd)

> The last time I was using a kernel this old, I had a Handspring =20
> Visor,
> not a Palm m130. I didn't realize support for the m130 came so much
> later.

--=20

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp

--LQksG6bCIzRHxTLp--