[vox] [fwd] $100 discount on VMware for LUG members

Shwaine vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:46:28 -0700 (PDT)

Just another note for the students out there. If you don't belong to a LUG
(or don't want to take the LUG offer because there's a limited number of
them), you can qualify for an educational discount ($60-70 last I
checked). There are unlimited educational discounts available.
Unfortunately, the UC Davis bookstore does not stock VMWare (and will
attempt to sell you MS's product which IMO is inferior if you ask them for
VMWare), so you have to get it online if you want the educational
discount. VMWare marks the educational resellers with an asterick on their
reseller page:

http://www.vmware.com/partners/resellers/professional.html

Shwaine