[vox] [OT] satellite TV

Charles McLaughlin vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 29 May 2003 11:58:10 -0700 (PDT)

> I don't know how I was able to stand TV without my TiVo. The directtv
> tivo units are nice, too, as they have dual tuners. If you want to do
> any hacking besides storage upgrades (video extraction, CallerID,
> Tivoweb) you'll want a Series 1 unit.

Dish Network will throw in a Tivo unit for $200.  I'm leaning toward
choosing that option.  That way my wife can stop recording West Wing on
VHS every friggin' week.  I can either get a 35 hour or 60 hour model, but
I don't get a choice.  They just send me what ever that have in stock.  My
hunch is that it would be a series 2 unit.  Doh!

There was some mention on this list of having a lugod meeting about Tivo
hacking.  I'd be interested in that!

Thanks for the suggestions!

Charles