[vox] [OT] satellite TV

Kevin Hooke vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 29 May 2003 10:11:09 -0700

We've had DirecTV for about 2 years with a DirecTivo combo Tivo box as well,
and absolutely love it - worth every penny. If you're looking for the PVR as
part of the deal I believe with Dish they give you a PVR as part of your set
top box, but in comparision with Tivo its a bit basic. I would say its worth
the extra money to pay for the Tivo box and subscription to get something
thats usable and does the job well.

Plus if you are looking at Tivo, I hear the Series 2 boxes have an optional
upgrade that allows it to become a media server type gadget to host all your
photos and mp3's, and can connect to your PC over your lan to also pull
content from there. Sounds pretty sweet to me.

After using Tivo we could never go back to watching TV without Tivo... :-)