[vox] [OT] satellite TV

Kevin Hooke vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 29 May 2003 12:16:31 -0700

>Dish Network will throw in a Tivo unit for $200.  I'm leaning toward
>choosing that option.

Yes, but be aware it's not actually a 'Tivo' brand - its their own
implementation of a PVR and it doesn't has the features or ease of use of a
real Tivo.

If they are charging 200bucks for it (I thought they used to give it to you
for free?) then I would personally spend the money on a 'real' Tivo box with
DirecTV instead.

Of course you should probably consider the channel line-up, Dish vs
DirecTV - there may be some channels on one that you can't get on the other
(like someone else mentioned earlier).

Kev