[vox] Need help hosting Sean Perry's talk...

Matthew Johnson vox@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 16:06:45 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've just finished encoding the Sean Perry talk on Debian packages
> (12/03/2002). I've successfully built a DVD+RW which plays in my Toshiba
> 3109 DVD player. I also have a Divx :-) encoding of the talk as well.
>
> Okay, so here's the part where I need help. I'm afraid to post the Divx
> :-) version on my colo box as I need to keep under a certain bandwidth.
> I also have Divx version of the Bill Alexander talk (09/16/2002) and the
> Jon 'Maddog' Hall talk from August 2002 as well.  Anyone out there have
> bandwidth to spare?

A little bit of bandwidth I guess :).

> In the meantime, Bill Kendrick suggested to me that we make the talks,
> in Divx :-) available on plain-ole cd-rom, obtainable from the Lugod
> library. Perhaps we can even accept donations for said disks. Pete
> Salzman had an idea where we could offer these cd-roms made-to-order
> from the Lugod site, for a donation of course.

How long are these talks? Perhaps make a short film version of these talks
as an incentive to visit Lugod and buy the rest? Also might be ok on the
bandwidth, although ./ won't care about that I'd imagine...

> I would be interested the challenge of setting up an ordering system.
> It's something I need to grock anyway.
>
> Thoughts? Comments?

Matt