[vox] Hi Folks, Check this out!!!!!!!!!

Richard Crawford vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:04:43 -0800 (PST)

Jonathan Stickel said:

> Um, I think this is spam.  I think they are fishing for personal
> information that they can use in some way.  If you sent them something
> by mail, then they would have your mailing address at a minimum.
> Obviously, I don't think anyone would send something... but then they
> work on percentages.  If there is a 0.5% chance someone might, and there
> are 400 people on this list, 2 people might fall for it.

Are you saying that the next message from John Williams would be something
like, "Oh, I'm sorry to forget, we need US$400 licensing fee to move the
software, but you will get big dividends when my rich uncle starts using
it in the Nigerian embassy in Amsterdam"?

Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)

"I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous
group. They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at the
desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man.
I wouldn't mess with them."
--Michael Moore