[vox] [OT] What happened to 2xtreme.net

Shwaine vox@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 03:27:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, andy wergedal wrote:

> After some investigation here is what I have found...
>
> 2xtreme.net sold all their assetts and customers to
> 2xaccess.net (which is a front for lainternet.net)
>
> lainternet.net sold all their assetts and customers to
> ibui.net
>
> ibui.net and all their domains are dark, including my
> hosted domain.
>
> I tried to move my domain to another host but I do not have
> the user ID or password to network solutions to make the
> change. Because my-previous-provider did not transfer or
> forward this information I am having trouble moving my
> registered (and paid for) domain to another host.

Are you listed as the administrative contact on the domain and/or is the
domain registered in your name? If so, is the registered email address
something you can access? If so, there is a web form under Network
Solution ("forgot your password" link) that will email the information to
the email address on record. If the email address is not correct, try
calling the 800 number (look under the "Help" section for the particular
800 number to call for account problems). There's methods by phone/paper
to get the username and password sent to the administrative contact and
registered domain owner.

If you are not the registered owner or administrative contact and you
manage by some miracle to get Network Solutions to believe you actually
own the domain and get them to transfer it to you, could you email me how
you did it? I'm still going through a similiar headache with a game I
inheritted from some people who, without thinking, let the original game
hosting company register the game's domain with the company as the owner
and admin contact. The company is now defunct and I've been trying on and
off for a year to get the domain ownership transferred to me.