[vox] Linux users at ARC (American River College) ?

Brian Lavender vox@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 01:50:23 -0700

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 12:53:19AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> I just spoke with Paul, who ran ARCLUG, the group that meet at
> American River College.  They haven't had a meeting in quite
> a while, and their website's way out of date.
>
> I've just discovered that's because Paul is now up at Chico State. :^)
>
> Anyway, I thought I'd just pass a note along...  in case anyone out there
> is attending ARC, and wants to put together a LUG, I can put you in touch
> with him, so you can take over for him.
>

> Conversely, I've asked if he could update the website to state that the
> club is (at least for the moment) defunct, and send would-be LUG attendees
> over to LUGOD, SacLUG and RoseLUG.  :^)

I am taking C at ARC. My instructor, D. Antos also teaches a Linux
course. He has worked at a number of telecoms over the years and from
what I have seen, has done his share of Unix programming. He has a good
way of presenting C. I don't know what his Linux course is like, but I
would imagine that it is probably good.

ARC offers a nine week half semester Linux course. It doesn't appear
that professor Antos is teaching it this second half. Here's the excerpt
from their online course catalog.

http://www.losrios.edu/arc/spring/Computer-Information-Science-CIS.htm
Schedule: Nine Week - Second, Mar 24-May 30

Linux/UNIX
MW           04:00PM-04:50PM   LEC   C.Chapek             Rm 125
17626
MW           05:00PM-05:50PM   LAB   TBA                  TBA TBA

Here's an interesting thing. While at Cal Poly ten years ago, one of the
guys I went to school with was one of the main people who was on the HPV
team who designed and built the bike that is hanging in the library.

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/