[vox-tech] Ubuntu 16.04 install issue

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Apr 21 07:54:22 PDT 2016

On 04/21/2016 07:39 AM, Bruce Wolk wrote:
> I recently built a new Skylake based computer and installed Windows 10
> intending to dual-boot with linux.  This morning I downloaded the just
> released Ubuntu 16.04 distribution and installed it to USB flash drive.
> When I boot to the USB drive I get the grub screen, but when I select
> the try ubuntu option the Ubuntu desktop background appears and then
> several error windows begin quickly flashing in an unreadable fashion,
> making it impossible to proceed. I created the USB boot drive using two
> different methods and the result was the same.  The md5sum is correct.
> Any suggestions?

I'm wondering if it required a signed kernel for secure boot. I did have
a friend recently who couldn't get his new laptop to boot a usb
installer, but instead needed to use an external DVD drive. I forget
what the bug was but he said it was hardware related, and known on his
particular Lenovo system. Do you have a DVD drive to try with?

Thanks,
Alex