[vox-tech] Ubuntu 16.04 install issue

Bruce Wolk bawolk at ucdavis.edu
Thu Apr 21 07:39:39 PDT 2016

I recently built a new Skylake based computer and installed Windows 10
intending to dual-boot with linux.  This morning I downloaded the just
released Ubuntu 16.04 distribution and installed it to USB flash drive.
When I boot to the USB drive I get the grub screen, but when I select
the try ubuntu option the Ubuntu desktop background appears and then
several error windows begin quickly flashing in an unreadable fashion,
making it impossible to proceed. I created the USB boot drive using two
different methods and the result was the same.  The md5sum is correct.
Any suggestions?