[vox-tech] repeating TCP Retransmission normal?

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Mon Jan 13 14:19:50 PST 2014

I have a tcp client that connects to a server through a load balancer.
After 9 minutes if the connection has sat idle and then the client
decides to send traffic to the server, the load balancer responds with
nothing. The client repetitively sends a tcp_retransmission. The load
balancer seems to just shut the connection down and the client just
keeps trying to reconnect.

Should the load balancer reply with something? a RST or something?

When I look at the host with the client connection, it appears that
the connection is still open, but that 81 bytes are stuck in the
SEND-Q.

Networking experts, I need your help!

brian
--