[vox-tech] Cannot install Ubuntu alongside Windows 7

Thomas Johnston trjohnston at ucdavis.edu
Fri Nov 8 09:50:09 PST 2013

Alex, thanks for the reply.

First, how would you even turn secure boot off? I don't see it listed as an
option the BIOS settings. Drop it to Legacy, how?

I primarily use Linux for my personal endeavors; however, there
situations/applications for my work where I am forced to use Windows. And
although I could run Windows in a virtual environment, I don't know how
well that would work when I need to remote desktop into my office computer.