[vox-tech] Quicktime/mov

aaronb at mcn.org aaronb at mcn.org
Mon Sep 28 10:26:50 PDT 2009

Rick,

I'm very grateful for the information you have given me, and others
reading these posts.  I'm not sure how to return the favor, as you
sarcastically implied.

I wasn't agreeing with "devnet" about his apple conspiracy.  However, like
the, "Tux 500" did it for you regarding him, I have other issues with both
MS and apple, hence why I switched to Ubuntu 11 months ago (I'm still very
much a novice and as such hesitant to ask questions in forums like this
for fear of looking silly, much like I'm sure I am at the moment).
Regardless I'm not a fan of either MS or apple and the comments made by
"devnet" didn't change my opinion of apple.

Using the links you provided, I did find this:
http://www.hd-trailers.net/blog/2009/08/20/direct-download-links-from-apple-are-not-working/
and
http://twitter.com/iTunesTrailers/status/3429452495
So the speculation was because of the high volume of traffic for the
Avatar trailer, apple changed the website to deny access to movie trailers
to anyone not using quicktime.

Once again, I am grateful of your insight and assistance.  I'm sorry if I
implied anything less.

Thanks again!
Aaron