[vox-tech] Quicktime/mov

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Sep 28 09:51:13 PDT 2009

Quoting aaronb at mcn.org (aaronb at mcn.org):

> Yes, I did read the article and the comments.  I also noted the date, July
> 30, 2008... indicating that it happened to at least one other user last
> year (and unless I'm reading the comments incorrectly, there are other
> users experiencing the same problem).

Specifics:

Poster "dwasifar" says "I've had the same experience trying to watch the
Get A Mac ads on the Apple website", giving no details whatsoever.
Poster JimC says that at some point he ceased to be able to do
browser-inline playing using mplayer on SimplyMEPIS 7.0 and DreamLinux
3.2.  In both cases, the correct answer (given downthread) was "upgrade
mplayerplug-in" (or, of course, use any of a number of obvious other
ways to fetch and play an .mov file other than browser-inline using
mplayer).

> It sounds like you have issues with "devnet".

Never met the man.  Just followed his and his friend "helios" online
from across the country for a couple of years.  I think their "Tux 500"
project did it for me, as it happens.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070416034752/http://tux500.com/
http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-9723221-7.html

Anyway, don't do me any favours, bro.  I was just trying to save you and
others time that you might otherwise waste on a notorious loose cannon.