[vox-tech] Firefox 3.5

Ken Bloom kbloom at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 16:56:03 PDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 16:25 -0700, Chris Jenks wrote:
> Dear Aaron,
>
>    It sounds like you might be using Ubuntu, since you mention update
> manager. I'm using an up-to-date Jaunty system, and my firefox version is
> 3.0.11. I don't think new features even get introduced until the next
> version upgrade of Ubuntu in a few months, and even then I wouldn't expect
> firefox to jump from 3.0 to 3.5. I think you will have to install manually
> if you really want the latest version.

3.5 has been uploaded into Ubuntu Karmic, so it will be in the next
release. It appears that the betas are in Jaunty. In both version of the
distribution it has a different package name: firefox-3.5

If you're talking about Debian, they haven't packaged it for Debian
unstable yet, and Debian stable only gets security updates and serious
bug fixes during its lifetime, so you won't see Firefox 3.5 there until
the next stable version is released.

--Ken