[vox-tech] [OT] Numerical algorithms in C

Richard Harke rharke at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 3 01:26:31 PST 2007

A resource I would also suggest is a book titled
"A Numerical Library in C for Scientists and Engineers"
By H. T. Lau. This is from CRC Press. I got a copy several
years ago so I don't know if this is still inprint. It came with a floppy
so there was machine readable source code. A large part of the book
deals with linear algebra and many specialized forms of matrices.
(I was able to use some code from this book to solve 4000x4000
matrices with 31 non-zero diagonals. This solver was the inner
loop in solving some differential equations)
The book itself prvides detailed documentation, no small thing
in this kind of work. And especially when you wish to make modifications.

Richard Harke