[vox-tech] Linux to Linux printing

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Jan 8 23:42:22 PST 2006

Henry House wrote:
> På 2006-01-08, skrev Alex Mandel:
> [...]
>
>>What's a good way to confirm that I'm hitting port 631 on the machine
>>over the network, or that the Cups server is broadcasting, so I know if
>>the problem is still server config or my desktop machine?
>

> Have you tried
>
> - port-scanning the server from the client machine using nmap?
> - running netstat -lpt on the server to see whether it is listening on that
>   port?
> - manually connecting to the server's port from the client using telnet and
>   typing things to provoke a response?

Thanks, those commands really shed come light on the situation. The
server is definately not opening port 631 outside itself, and I've
confirmed, no firewall is running.
I tried adding the following lines, without the (comments) of course, to
the cupsd.conf and restarting after each one, but nothing seemed to
change the nmap or netstat results
> Listen 127.0.0.1:631 (defualt)
> Port 631 (Theoretically any computer should be able to hit the port)
> Listen 192.168.1.102 (My desktop machine)
 > Listen 192.168.1.102:631(My desktop machine)
> Listen owl:631 (My desktop machine)
 > Listen Owl:631 (My desktop machine)
> Listen Coyote:631 (the server)
> Listen coyote:631 (the server)