[vox-tech] Linux to Linux printing

Henry House hajhouse at houseag.com
Sun Jan 8 05:39:49 PST 2006

På 2006-01-08, skrev Alex Mandel:
[...]
> What's a good way to confirm that I'm hitting port 631 on the machine
> over the network, or that the Cups server is broadcasting, so I know if
> the problem is still server config or my desktop machine?

Have you tried

- port-scanning the server from the client machine using nmap?
- running netstat -lpt on the server to see whether it is listening on that
  port?
- manually connecting to the server's port from the client using telnet and
  typing things to provoke a response?

--
Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13