[vox-tech] Looking for recommendation: video capture/TV tuner

Rob Rogers rob at wizardstower.net
Sat Feb 19 23:05:51 PST 2005

On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 03:02:43PM -0800, tech_dev(Alex Mandel) wrote:
> The 2nd & 3rd are the same item, ASIN(Amazon #) is the same.
> 1st one is USB other one is PCI.
>
> Looking at the manufacturer website, the only other thing I can find out
> is that the USB device min. PC specs are higher 733MHZ over 500MHZ pci.
> Also the USB transfer max is 12M/sec on usb 2.0, but I don't have
> comparison numbers.
> Other than that ZDNET gave the PCI version a 7.7

I know the 350 (and 250) is a nice card. I don't know much about the USB, other than the driver for the 250 and 350 (ivtv) does not support the USB device. There may be another driver that does, but I don't know of it.

>From the ivtv FAQ:

Q: Does IvyTV support the Hauppauge WinTV PVR USB2? (it has the same encoder chip, the Conexant CX23416)
A: Not at this time, no. And likely not in the near future.