[vox-tech] Looking for recommendation: video capture/TV tuner

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sat Feb 19 01:02:14 PST 2005

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 09:17:02AM -0500, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to convert all my VCR to DVD.  I also want to be able to capture
> TV/Cable stuff to file format.
>
> Of course, whatever I buy must be functional under Linux since that's the OS
> I'll be using it with.
>
> I know there are a couple of people on this list that do this kind of thing.

I've never used either of these, but now that I've got my DVD writer on my
main desktop, I've been eyeing these KDE GUI apps for prepping video:

  KMediaFactory
  "KMediaFactory is template based DVD authoring tool."

and:

  Kmenc15
  "Kmenc15 is an advanced MEncoder frontend, generally designed to be
  a VirtualDub replacement for Linux."

Enjoy!

bill at newbreedsoftware.com         "I'm anticipating an all-out tactical
http://newbreedsoftware.com/      dog-fight, followed by a light dinner."