[vox-tech] Looking for recommendation: video capture/TV tuner

Peter Jay Salzman p at dirac.org
Sat Feb 19 10:50:38 PST 2005

Cool, thanks guys.  One last question -

What exactly is the difference between

Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB 2.0 (Model 941)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000AL8XX/ref=pd_sbs_e_2/103-2472259-5670207?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-350 Personal Video Recorder (990)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008OOWC/qid=1108837718/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-2472259-5670207?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

Hauppauge WINTV-PVR 350 PCI
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008OOWC/qid=1108837718/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-2472259-5670207?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

The spec sheets on the last two look the same to me.  They both appear to be
PCI TV/video capture cards.   Does anyone know what the difference is
between them?  It's so hard to wade through the marketing...

All things being equal, I'd rather get something USB (the first item), if
the USB 2.0 product is equivalent or nearly equivalent to the PCI model...

Thanks,
Pete