[vox-tech] debian and openoffice

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Oct 18 11:36:09 PDT 2004

Quoting Robert G. Scofield (rscofield at afes.com):

> What level of expertise does one need in order to install Gentoo?  It's
> not like installing Mandrake or SuSE, right?  I'm somewhat familiar with
> the Debian install.  Is it like Debian?

I installed it and kept it for a while on my iBook2 G3, using the Gentoo
Linux/PPC Handbook,
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-ppc.xml?full=1 .  The
handbook and a lot of the other documentation are very well written, and
worth consulting even by people with no special interest in running the
distribution.  At the same time, the installation was quite the learning
experience.  ;->

--
Cheers,                     "All power is delightful, but absolute power
Rick Moen                    is absolutely delightful."  - Kenneth Tynan
rick at linuxmafia.com