[OT] Gentoo talk!? (was re: [vox-tech] debian and openoffice)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Oct 18 11:23:39 PDT 2004

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 10:19:31AM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
> I guess Gentoo is much like Debian in many respects, aside
> from the compile-from-source focus.  Anyway I wanted to
> comment that I've been generally pleased with the up-to-
> dateness of the Gentoo's "stable" tree,
<snip>

So WHEN are we going to have a talk on Gentoo!? :^)

(We should also have at least a mini-talk on Ubuntu, which seemed
to come out of nowhere and get tons of converts lately.  Heck,
a few weeks ago some teenager coming out of a restaurant as I was
going in noticed my Debian shirt and started asking if I had tried it!)

:)

-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com                            New Breed Software
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/               Tux Paint 0.9.14 is out!