[vox-tech] accessing a UC Davis Restricted Document

Bryan Richter btrichter at ucdavis.edu
Thu Oct 7 10:12:46 PDT 2004

Jonathan Stickel wrote:
> Bryan Richter wrote:
> >My problem is when I try to access a "UC Davis Restricted Document."
> >

> You say you "fill out a form"; for me this is a popup window with username and
> password fields.  Is that what you get?

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I don't know the nomenclature. :-P

> Do you have any strange settings for your browser, like a proxy or such?

Now that you mention it, there is another difference between my current attempts
and the last time it worked for me. Besides a 3 month interval and apt-get
upgrade, I am also now under a different ISP; namely Omsoft. I've seen Omsoft's
"transparent proxy" discussed before on this group- could it have something to
do with it?

-Bryan