[vox-tech] Gentoo printer font problem

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 24 May 2004 21:56:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Bruce Wolk wrote:

> I added the hp1300nt.ppd file.  Trying to install a printer with cups
> gave me no new options.  In fact cups lists only a few hp drivers.  So I
> am wondering whether something is wrong there. But I was able to add a
> printer with the new driver using kde printing manager and activate it
> through cups.  Kate prints even nicer now--no dithering on the
> greyscale--but Kword prints poorly still and, even more surprisingly,
> firefox won't print at all!  The printer light also flashes continuously
> after a job.  So I am back to square one.

The printer light flashing usually means the last page is in the buffer
and needs to be ejected.  There should be a CUPS option to "eject the last
page" or "send form feed after the last page" or something to that effect.

That's probably just the tip of your problem, though.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius