[vox-tech] Removing Files

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 21 May 2004 15:33:15 -0700 (PDT)

Your system probably doesn't support UTF-8.  You can generate the
support but I'm not sure how to do it for Gentoo.  Debian uses
`localedef`, and it goes like this:

   localedef -i en_US -c -f UTF-8 -A /etc/locale.alias en_US.UTF-8

which generates the American English locale using the UTF-8 character set.
Then you can use this locale like this:

   export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8

Then try mounting with the "-o iocharset=UTF-8" option.

You can also try another charset.  ISO-8859-1, Windows-1252, ISO-8859-2,
etc.

-Mark