[vox-tech] Data Conversion From M$ to Linux Question

Henry House vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 8 May 2004 21:23:29 -0700

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

P=E5 l=F6rdag, 08 maj 2004, skrev Daniel Hurt:
[...]
> Any thoughts or comments would be most welcome.  My final question is=20
> regarding hardware RAID for IDE.  Is that best handled by the hardware=20
> controller or should I look into some of the Linux tools for=20
> accomplishing this through software?

I would go with software RAID over BIOS-based IDE RAID. I have heard mixed
reports about BIOS-based IDE RAID. The Linux drivers are likely more
flexible, besides.

I know that the cost is a problem, but it sounds like you are working with
serious amounts of data and your should really consider SCSI.

--=20
Henry House
See <http://hajhouse.org/pgp> to find out how to verify it.

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr