[vox-tech] USB mouse moves too fast with custom 2.6.5 kernel

Issac Trotts vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 7 May 2004 11:32:07 -0700

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 10:26:56AM -0700, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
> Does that particular mouse work as expected with an old kernel?

Yes.

> Do other usb mice "jump" with your new kernel?

Yes.

> Probably not much help, but I once bought a very cheap, low-quality
> optical ps/2 mouse.  It worked fine in Windows, but it was incredibly
> jerky in Linux, no matter what I tried.  I eventually gave it away and
> bought a new one.

That's the flavor of solution I'm stuck with now.  I'd like it better
if I knew how to make Linux 2.6 work with all my mice.

--
Issac Trotts
http://mallorn.ucdavis.edu/~ijtrotts