[vox-tech] Re: [vox-if] [rsvp-May15] Mandrake 9.2 + WinXP; trying to install Fedora Core on Virtual PC

Jonathan Stickel vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 03 May 2004 12:01:36 -0700

Michael J Wenk wrote:
> On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 10:54:03AM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
>
>>C# is a relatively new programming language from Microsoft used to program
>>the .NET framework (among others).  .NET is for network programming, I
>>think.  Mono is a Linux implementation of .NET... from the Gnome team, I
>>think.  I guess Go-Mono is an implementation of Mono.  That's all I know.
>>I don't know where to find Go-Mono or if Fedora comes with Go-Mono on a CD
>>or if it's available on some website or how to test a C# program once
>>Go-Mono is installed and I don't know the C# syntax (I know it's similar
>>to C++ but that's about it.)
>>
>>Recruit someone from the CS club... maybe the CSIF has someone who's
>>installed Go-Mono before, or at least someone who knows how to program
>>.NET...
>>
>>-Mark
>>

> I have gotten C# to work, its really not that bad.  He wants to use mono or some
> derivation of it.
>
> I use the pnet implementation.  Is the if the proper forum for this?  doesnt' sound
> like it to me.

The IF is, first and foremost, a place for people to get started using
Linux.  However, it also provides a forum for people to get together and
work on more advanced concepts.  This depends greatly on the interest
and availability of the more technical installers.  If there is no
interest, I will simply tell him so.

> I don't know my availibility on 5/16(I assume the IF isn't being done on a monday), so
> no idea now if I'll make it or not, and I probably wouldn't know til the previous fri/sat.

Oops!  Terribly sorry about the date I quoted for the IF in my previous
email.  It is May 15, not May 17 (I had quickly glanced up at my April
calendar).

Jonathan