[vox-tech] Re: [vox-if] [rsvp-May15] Mandrake 9.2 + WinXP; trying to install Fedora Core on Virtual PC

Michael J Wenk vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 3 May 2004 11:43:20 -0700

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 10:54:03AM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> C# is a relatively new programming language from Microsoft used to program
> the .NET framework (among others).  .NET is for network programming, I
> think.  Mono is a Linux implementation of .NET... from the Gnome team, I
> think.  I guess Go-Mono is an implementation of Mono.  That's all I know.
> I don't know where to find Go-Mono or if Fedora comes with Go-Mono on a CD
> or if it's available on some website or how to test a C# program once
> Go-Mono is installed and I don't know the C# syntax (I know it's similar
> to C++ but that's about it.)
>
> Recruit someone from the CS club... maybe the CSIF has someone who's
> installed Go-Mono before, or at least someone who knows how to program
> .NET...
>
> -Mark

I have gotten C# to work, its really not that bad.  He wants to use mono or some
derivation of it.

I use the pnet implementation.  Is the if the proper forum for this?  doesnt' sound
like it to me.

I don't know my availibility on 5/16(I assume the IF isn't being done on a monday), so
no idea now if I'll make it or not, and I probably wouldn't know til the previous fri/sat.

Mike