[vox-tech] Make question: headers depending on other headers

Matt Roper vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:15:58 -0800

I think in general you want to use a tool like 'makedepend' or
'gcc -M' instead of trying to write your Makefile dependencies
yourself.  These track down the headers used by a .c file and
output the appropriate Makefile dependency line.  I haven't really
done this much, but there's a good page of information about it at
http://make.paulandlesley.org/autodep.html

Matt