[vox-tech] Make question: headers depending on other headers

Bill Kendrick vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:18:51 -0800

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 03:15:58PM -0800, Matt Roper wrote:
> I think in general you want to use a tool like 'makedepend' or
> 'gcc -M' instead of trying to write your Makefile dependencies
> yourself.  These track down the headers used by a .c file and
> output the appropriate Makefile dependency line.  I haven't really
> done this much, but there's a good page of information about it at
> http://make.paulandlesley.org/autodep.html

Sadly, I'm not using GCC.  Not even using GNU Make. :^(

Fortunately, I've got Cygwin handy, so I can see what it might have available.

In the meantime, though, I'm hacking my Makefile manually, so... :^)

-bill!