[vox-tech] problems interacting with windows share

dylan vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 02 Mar 2004 22:07:35 -0800

Hi--

I setup a user, sharepoint, and permissions today on a windows 2K server. I
am able to connect to the machine, and interact with the directory structure
in some ways. (i.e. i can manually navigate to my directory). However, when
i try to upload a file into my folder like this:

dylan@mvs:~$ smbclient //server_name/share_name$ -U user_name%password -D
base_folder -c "put temp.txt"

Domain=[UR] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED opening remote file \mvs_backup\temp.txt

...it seems like there is some kind of permission error... Does anyone know
what might be causing this? as far as i know, i have the appropriate
permissions to read and write into this folder.

thanks in advance!

Dylan

--
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are
evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."