[vox-tech] latex sty

Micah J. Cowan vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 12:28:34 -0800

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 06:44:38PM -0800, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
> I'm submitting a latex document to a journal, and I'm not supposed to
> include any files other than my latex file and my eps figures.  However,
> I need to use a personalized sty file for proper in text referencing
> (see this earlier thread:
>   Is there any way to include that information in my latex file?  I
> tried just pasting it in at the top of my document, but I get errors.
> Clearly, there is syntax for sty files that is not permitted in latex.
> Any ideas?

I read about a program that would generate latex files that /included/
all external files it depended on (including, I figures believe) on
comp.text.tex. When fed to LaTeX, it would automatically expand the
appropriate files, if they do not exist. I can't remember if it then
needs to be reprocessed to actually read them back in or
not... anyway, try a search on comp.text.tex or maybe CTAN.

HTH,

--
Micah J. Cowan
micah@cowan.name