[vox-tech] Problem with Wine install and set-up

Bill Kendrick vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 11:20:19 -0700

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 11:31:10AM -0700, Richard Ely wrote:
> In looking for the Windows application i need to run, I  regret today I
> cannot seem to find the windows application on the machine even though I
> know its windows name - it doesn't seem visible anywhere.  I do not seem to
> be able to make WINE find it.  Yet we made it work perfectly when I was
> there.

I know nothing about WINE, but...

  1. Is the Windows app installed on a WIndows partition?
     Perhaps that partition isn't mounted, and hence the file cannot be seen?

  2. If you know the name of the file ("program.exe", for example), you
     can try either:

       locate program.exe

     or:

       find / -name "program.exe"

And that should tell you precisely where it is, if it's still there.
(Again, see #1 above :^) )

Good luck!

-bill!