[vox-tech] Problem with Wine install and set-up

Richard Ely vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 03 Jun 2004 20:30:22 -0700

--=====================_42755937==.ALT

Issue: Finding the file:

No, the program was installed at the installfest off of floppies into a
Linux directory.  "Find"  did not find the file.
Perhaps we put it on a hard disk partition we cannot read or is not
mounted!!.  Do I have to manually mount disks?  Very strange.  I do not
erase things.

Issue: No configuration file for wine, therefore it will not run.

How do I run wine and generate a configuration file?

Thanks for the help!!
Dick

At 11:20 AM 6/3/2004, Bill Kendrick wrote:
>On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 11:31:10AM -0700, Richard Ely wrote:
> > In looking for the Windows application i need to run, I  regret today I
> > cannot seem to find the windows application on the machine even though I
> > know its windows name - it doesn't seem visible anywhere.  I do not
> seem to
> > be able to make WINE find it.  Yet we made it work perfectly when I was
> > there.
>
>I know nothing about WINE, but...
>
>   1. Is the Windows app installed on a WIndows partition?
>      Perhaps that partition isn't mounted, and hence the file cannot be seen?
>
>   2. If you know the name of the file ("program.exe", for example), you
>      can try either:
>
>        locate program.exe
>
>      or:
>
>        find / -name "program.exe"
>
>And that should tell you precisely where it is, if it's still there.
>(Again, see #1 above :^) )
>
>Good luck!
>
>-bill!

Richard D. Ely
Davis Hydro / Davis Collaborative
27264 Meadowbrook Drive
Davis, CA  95616

530 752-0562 - work
530 753-8864 - (home office)
530 753-4774 - FAX
dick@davis.com

--=====================_42755937==.ALT

Issue: Finding the file: <br><br>
<dl>
<dd>No, the program was installed at the installfest off of floppies into
a Linux directory.&nbsp; &quot;Find&quot;&nbsp; did not find the
file.&nbsp;
<dd>Perhaps we put it on a hard disk partition we cannot read or is not
mounted!!.&nbsp; Do I have to manually mount disks?&nbsp; Very
strange.&nbsp; I do not erase things. <br>
</dl>Issue: No configuration file for wine, therefore it will not run.
<dl>
</dl>Thanks for the help!! <br>
Dick <br><br>
At 11:20 AM 6/3/2004, Bill Kendrick wrote:<br>
-0700, Richard Ely wrote:<br>
&gt; In looking for the Windows application i need to run, I&nbsp; regret
today I <br>
&gt; cannot seem to find the windows application on the machine even
though I <br>
&gt; know its windows name - it doesn't seem visible anywhere.&nbsp; I do
not seem to <br>
&gt; be able to make WINE find it.&nbsp; Yet we made it work perfectly
when I was <br>
&gt; there.<br><br>
I know nothing about WINE, but...<br><br>
&nbsp; 1. Is the Windows app installed on a WIndows partition?<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Perhaps that partition isn't mounted, and hence
the file cannot be seen?<br><br>
&nbsp; 2. If you know the name of the file (&quot;program.exe&quot;, for
example), you<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; can try either:<br><br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; locate program.exe<br><br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; or:<br><br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; find / -name
&quot;program.exe&quot;<br><br>
And that should tell you precisely where it is, if it's still
there.<br>
(Again, see #1 above :^) )<br><br>
Good luck!<br><br>
-bill!<br>